Enjoying a little sunshine with the rain!
Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 04:28PM
It was such a nice surprise to see that my friend Naomi nominated me for the Sunshine award! Especially because we have had about 4 days of straight rain! I sure could use the Sunshine!
The Sunshine Award is a flower for “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” What a wonderful idea! I feel special that Naomi shared this award with me.
Here are the “rules” attached to the lovely reward:
- Include the award logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself and write 10 more for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
So, here are the questions that Naomi asked...
- If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? I would paint the Lake and the trees surrounding it where I live.
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? I would choose the age I am today, 51. I love being old enough that I've figured out who I am more, but young enough to do the things I want to do.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Ironing. I avoid it at all costs. When my son was little and had the flu we watched a Barney Safety video over and over again. He looked up at me and said "Mommy, never touch a hot iron. What's an iron?"
- What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking my dog.
- What sound do you love? Rain.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Tamara Laporte from Life Book.
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Sure, lots of my life lessons have been from times that were tough. That's where and how I learned how to be the me I am today.
- What is something you learned in the last week?I learned the circumference of the earth is 25,000 miles (rounded up a bit) from my daughter.
- The best part of waking up is? Coffee
- What do you miss most about being a kid? Playing outside.
Here are the 10 Bloggers that I have nominated for the Sunshine Award:
- Sarah Huizenga at Paisley Rain Boots
- Viv Halliwell at Within the Frame
- Barbara Evans at Funky Rosebud Studio
- Roxi Gramlow Hardegree at Creating Beyond the Layers
- Allison Lee at Thoughtful Creations
- Robyn Greenhouse at Adventures in Laughter
- Sherry Galey at Still and All
- Carol Hart at Openhart Studios
- Donna Catterick at Always Backroads
- Chrissy Gemmill at Chrissy Gemmill Jewels
The questions they need to answer...
- What is your favorite novel?
- If you could spend a day anyway that you would like, what would you do?
- If you could travel to any place, where would you go?
- What is the chore that you put off most?
- Who is your favorite artist?
- If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is the nicest thing a friend did for you?
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do?
Have a great weekend!
"Swirl in life." by Madi
tagged Sunshine award
Reader Comments (2)
Thank you for nominating me Stacie! It was fun to read your Q & A. I agree, with all this rain I too am missing some sunshine! :)
Thank you for nominating me! I just posted my nominees as well!