make a difference monday
Happy Monday! It's freezing here today with a winter snow storm coming this evening...time to crawl in bed with a good book. I found today's Make a difference Monday ideas on Tiny Buddha's post 35 Essential Habits of Incredibly Happy People. Thought it might be a useful reminder for all of use in the middle of the cold winter. Read the ideas yourself and pass them along to your friends and family.
1. Share your fears with a trusted friend or on a forum, or write about it in your blog or journal. Get to the bottom of your fears and why they may be holding you back.
2. Tell a friend or a loved one what you want and need from them. Be honest and don’t hold anything back.
3. Tell someone you care for them, love them, or that you want to see them happy. Don’t repress, express!
4. Ask someone you look up to for advice and let them in on your personal life. You’ll be amazed by the responses you get.
5. Go up to that person that really excites you. Just go up and say hi. You never know what could happen.
6. Tell your best friend (or anyone) about your pursuit of happiness. Share your greatest dream. It helps with accountability.
7. Discover your talents. Invest time in something you’ve always wanted to try.
8. Open up your blinds and let in natural light. Let the sunlight elevate your mood.
9. Put your favorite music on blast at least once a day. Not only will it improve your mood, but you’ll also be taken on a mental journey.
10. Change your perspective. Take a negative situation and see how you can make it positive. Gratitude goes a long way.
11. Let go. As the famous Zen proverb goes, “Let go, or be dragged.”
12. Show yourself to the world and be genuine instead of hiding who you really are.
13. Dream. Visualize your dreams, goals, and what you want to achieve in life.
14. Hug. Hugging releases oxytocin, the good-feel hormone that makes us love and trust one another.
15. Express your creativity. Paint, write, sketch—find an outlet and just create!
16. Get out of your comfort zone and try a new class that looks challenging. Remember, no one begins as a professional.
17. Practice yoga. Stretch, strengthen, and relax your body and mind. You’ll be glad you did.
18. Redecorate your environment to express how you want to feel. Set an intention for your space.
19. Start a bucket list. Write at least three things you wish to accomplish this year.
20. Meditate. Ohm.
21. Get out of the house. Take a walk in nature. Go nearby to a trail, walk alone, and see what you can appreciate. Focus on the tiniest detail possible.
22. Sign up for the conference or workshop that you’ve always wanted to attend.
23. Establish positive relationships. Spend time with those who motivate and inspire you.
24. Disconnect from the Internet. It’s not as scary as it sounds
25. Remain resilient. Any failure is a lesson, not a defining moment in your life.
26. Give, give, and give some more. Find one way to give something to someone every day. A genuine compliment goes a long way.
27. Instead of saying no, say yes. Especially to something challenging.
28. Drop any grudges. Anything negative that you hold onto will only cultivate more negativity.
29. Exercise. A wise Harvard Law School student once said, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.”
30. Go on a journey or vacation somewhere you’ve always wanted to go.
31. Help someone out. Focus on seeing how you can help make a change in someone’s life.
32. Work on one quality or characteristic you’d like to possess.
33. Go on a bike ride. Denmark is infamously renowned for being the world’s happiest bicycle-friendly nation.
34. Do something thoughtful for someone you love. If it involves money, see if you can buy an experience instead of a gift.
35. Be thankful. Practice gratitude; there is always something to be thankful for.
"If you're not happy, there is a way to enjoy the moment." by Madi
Reader Comments (4)
All great reminders and words of advice to be listened to .
Thanks so much Sarah for stopping by!
I LOVE THESE!!! I'll keep this list for those days when I feel sort of blah. Love pick-me-ups that are natural and authentic. :)
So glad you like them Naomi! I need all the happy I can find in the middle of winter :)